THE HONG KONG JOURNAL OF OPHTHALMOLOGY BEST ORIGINAL ARTICLE AWARD
To encourage submissions to the Hong Kong Journal of Ophthalmology (HKJO) by trainees and fellows of the College of Ophthalmologists of Hong Kong (COHK).
Awards and Prizes
Two awards will be given out every year. Each awardee will be given a $1000 cash prize (HK dollars), which is supported generously by the Timothy KC Liu Fund.
- One award is open to all fellows and members of the College; another one is limited to trainees only.
- Applicants must be a paid-up member or fellow of COHK at the time of submission.
- Trainees refer to those who have not been conferred the title ‘FCOphthHK’ at the time of submission.
- Only the first author of the article will be eligible for the prize.
- Original articles (including, but not limited to, prospective or retrospective clinical studies, observational studies, epidemiological studies, basic science studies, meta-analysis, etc) published in the HKJO during the year will automatically enter the selection process.
- Case reports (with case number <3), review articles and letters to the editor will not be eligible for this award.
- Submissions pending acceptance will not be eligible for the award.
- Entries will be based on the article as a unit, but not the author. Because of this, it is possible that one single author wins both awards, given that he/she is the first author of the two best original articles published that year (but he/she has to be a trainee in this case as one award is open for trainees only).
- 1 representative from the University of Hong Kong
- 1 representative from the Chinese University of Hong Kong and
- President of the College
- Scientific merit
- Presentation style
Award Presentation Ceremony
The awards will be given out at the following year’s conferment ceremony.